Status: Full Time
Schedule: Monday – Friday (occasional evenings)
General Summary of Duties:
The Therapist/Coordinator would design and implement intervention plans to offer immediate and short-term intensive services to families whose children may be at imminent risk of placement into foster care. The Therapist/Coordinator would provide oversight of the program and work closely and direct duties to the Skill Builder for the Family Preservation Program.
Essential Responsibilities or Functions of the Position:
1. Assist families in becoming more self-reliant in caring for their own needs and their children’s needs.
2. Teach and encourage families to assess their own strengths and needs.
3. Teach and provide assistance to families to set attainable objectives based on DSS provided goals, for self-reliance, also giving the families the tools and resources needed to obtain these goals and objectives.
4. Ensures that all assigned families received the identified services and supports specified in their intervention plan.
5. Develop strong informal support networks for the families.
6. Provide intensive and time limited services to families, working with a caseload of 10 families.
7. Provide skill based interventions which will consist of teaching, modeling and practicing of skills.
8. Must possess a valid/clear drivers’ license and dependable vehicle, providing transportation utilizing your own vehicle to necessary appointments and activities.
9. Maintain good written and verbal communication with the Family Preservation Program Skill Builder to ensure accuracy and quality service for the family.
10. Maintain the strictest confidentiality.
11. Uphold the Vision, Mission and Philosophy of Pathways, Inc.
12. Work collaboratively with the Steuben County Department of Social Services, reporting to them as well as Pathways, Inc.
13. Complete census reports, quarterly reports, annual reports progress notes, intervention plans, closing summaries and other documentation as required or requested.
14. Perform other duties as requested or needed to better provide needed services to families participating in the program.
Typical Working Conditions:
Exposure Category I: potential occupational exposure to Bloodborne pathogens. Normal office environment. Occasional weekend or evening work.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires some sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, stretching and lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires use of personal vehicle to travel to families homes, to attend meetings on behalf of families, to attend trainings, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate keyboard, photocopier, telephone and other office equipment. Requires computer skills for documentation on a daily basis. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of Agency policies and procedures. Knowledge of DSS and OMH regulations and practices. Knowledge of computer systems and applications. Skill in gathering interpreting, and reporting information. Skill in written and verbal communication. Ability to exercise initiative, problem solving, and decision-making. Ability to make work plans and follow through on those plans independently. Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions. Ability to work effectively with administrative staff, management staff, consumers, and external agencies. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets Pathways insurability guidelines to operate agency owned vehicles. Ability to accept and demonstrate information/directions from the Director of Home and Habilitation Services.
Education and Experience:
Masters’ Degree in Social work or related field required, and a minimum of one year experience in providing services to families with Mental Health difficulties.
Must meet the requirements of the School Age Care, Day Care, and/or Mental Health Regulations regarding a State Central Register Clearance regarding history of abuse/maltreatment of children.
Complete an online application at www.pathwaysforyou.org and include a copy of your resume!