Management Business Solutions (MBS) is seeking a Collections Specialist for our client in Kalamazoo, Michigan. As a Collections Specialist, you will be engaging customers who need assistance with past due accounts. The Collections Specialist is responsible for collection calls and/or correspondence to coordinate payment arrangements on past due utility accounts. This position is accountable for reducing delinquency for customer accounts.
- Conducts outbound calls in order to collect on accounts with past due balances
- Obtain a reason for past due account and create a budget to bring account current and maintain that current status.
- Document all calls and resolution efforts.
- Set up payment inquires and provide solutions on accounts that are past due
- Collaborates with leadership to achieve collections goal
- Meet minimum personal goals while supporting team goals.
We’re looking for critical thinkers who go above and beyond in their customer service/collection savviness and provide outstanding service. If you possess the following experience and skills, you may be a good fit for this role:
- Previous experience in debt collections, sales, call center, banking, mortgage, insurance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills – verbal, written, listening/verifying feedback
- Positive customer service attitude with customer service experience required
- Proficient in MS Office software applications such as Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- A proven track record of being dedicated, dependable and an ability to work a flexible second shift schedule between 11am-9pm.
- Understanding of regulations regarding debt collections, compliance and financial privacy including Fair Debt Collection Act and GLB a plus.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER