US2160 Sysco Guest Supply, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for supporting DC Operations from a systems perspective by maintaining item balance and transactional integrity between PeopleSoft and High Jump. This position works as part of a team to support DC Operations by understanding the interactions of the Company’s computer systems as related to the physical activities of the business. Position involves reconciling item balances on a daily basis along with transactional analysis, various levels of transaction processing, shipment discrepancy investigation and resolution.
- Reconcile PeopleSoft and High Jump balances on a daily basis by utilizing various reports (i.e., Inventory Reconciliation Report). Investigate and resolve BCT Errors by analyzing transaction flow in both systems, understanding the impact on the item balances and timing issues and transaction process. This function is intertwined with several audit functions between PS/HJ on a daily basis
- Support the On-Line Database by understanding each request for a return of merchandise or report of a shipment discrepancy
- Analyze requests, determine resolution requirements and processing accordingly
- Investigate, analyze and resolve various requests involving transaction discrepancies as reported and/or requested by DC Operations, Customer Service, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, etc
- Analyze Proof of Delivery and determine whether a freight claim can be filed against the Carrier based on its legal requirements. File freight claims through 3rd party software packages where applicable
- Warehouse Supply Management – monitor usage, process transactions to consume usage of inventory supply items and transfer to replenish DC inventory, if necessary
- Process various transactions on a daily basis to support the basic business functions including priority sales orders and sample requests
- Electronic filing of required company records including scanning, checking, naming, archiving documents
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
1-2 yrs. experience working in an Office or Distribution Center (DC), including working knowledge of DC activities including receiving, shipping, cycle counting and all activities relating to inventory.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from vendors, distributors, management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with internal staff from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret a variety of instructions, communications, and reports provided in written, verbal, transactional or Excel spreadsheet format.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple tasks/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary. Uses time effectively and able to work independently.
- Customer Service – Respond promptly to requests for service and assistance as needed. Follow up as needed.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to details and accuracy.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Follows through on commitments.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Proficient use of MS Windows and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft ERP and High Jump a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical, mental, and environmental conditions in which the work is performed. The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position will primarily work in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require evening, weekend or other shift work depending on business needs.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Candidates who start work in the months of May, June, July, August and September 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.