Be part of a team that is making a difference in the lives of families and children who have suffered traumatic events and/or struggle with behavioral, mental and emotional challenges; working in a residential campus setting. Trainings provided: CARE, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI), First Aid/CPR, Medication Training.
We offer Full Time Day and Overnight Positions as well as Relief.
THE IDEAL PERSON WOULD:
• Provide direct care by displaying the role of tutor, role model, cook and source of emotional support.
• Provide assistance by creating and following developmentally appropriate recreational activities.
• Transport clients to home visits, appointments, etc.
• Maintain a safe and effective milieu by participating in the provision of a structured, therapeutic environment.
• Collaborate with staff and families to achieve desired treatment outcomes.
• Desire to work with children in need.
• Clean and valid Maine driver's license.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
• High school diploma or GED with the ability to work with difficult-to-manage youth.
• Capacity to develop a professional orientation to child care.
• Ability to relate to children with warmth and understanding, and have the ability to identify the needs and problems of children.
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with other professionals on behalf of youth and their families.
POTENTIAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES:
• Higher Level Youth & Family Counselor.
• Supervisory Positions.
• Case Management and Clinical (with education).