Direct Support Professionals assist adults with intellectual and physical disabilities with their daily needs including personal care, community inclusion, social and recreational activities, and skill building.
$250 Sign-on Bonus (Paid after 90 Days of Employment)
- Benefits available to all staff working 30+ hours (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays)
- Overnight Shift Differential
- Use of a Sweetser vehicle while on shift
- Paid Training – no experience required
- Flexible scheduling – choose from:
- 7 day on 7 day off schedule (benefited)
- Sunday – Wednesday schedule (benefited)
- Wednesday – Saturday schedule (benefited)
• Ensure all licensing rules and expectations within the Regulations Governing Licensing and Functioning of Assisted Housing Programs document are followed
• Support consumer independence by teaching new skills and encouraging improvement on current skill sets as they work on Aspects of Daily Living (ADL) skills while remaining conscientious of individual abilities.
• Ensure Consumer Rights are upheld with dignity in all interactions.
• Administer medications prescribed medications with accuracy.
• Provide minor first aid to consumers as needs require.
• Organize and participate in age appropriate activities, hobbies, and socialization opportunities with consumers.
• Transport consumers to all scheduled appointments and required outings.
• Provide assistance with bathing, teeth and mouth care, shaving, dressing, toileting, eating, drinking and personal hygiene, consistent with level of care required by consumer.
• Physically assist consumers with walking, sitting, lifting, and transferring to chair or bed and entering and leaving vehicles.
• Food preparation and cooking of food to provide nutritious meals and snacks for consumers.
High School Diploma or GED required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
• Maintain a valid state driver’s license.