WE ARE PEOPLEREADY
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady Branch #1762 located at 1920 Teall Ave. Syracuse, NY, 13206 is currently hiring a Plaster Molder
Prepare molding machines, robots, and work cells for start-up as well as performing basic startups and trouble shooting.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Set-up Thermoplastic/LSR machines according to procedures and start press off of master process.
- Operate molding machines as needed.
- Set-up and Start up robots with existing program, modifying program to pick parts safely and efficiently.
- Set-up hot/cold runner systems and load program, ability to make adjustments if needed. Regular attendance.
- OTHER POSITION DUTIES:
- Act as back-up for material handler, mold cleaner, or wherever else assigned. Perform screw and barrel cleans as required. Set-up process monitoring equipment and load program, match template curves when starting the job.
- Set-up work cells according to work center layout in IQMS. Maintain a safe, clean work environment.
- Follow and adhere to all procedures as they pertain to the set-up position.
- Perform resin changes, both plastics and LSR, including changing pails and drums on dosing pumps.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, and Hearing.
- Ability to work for extended periods sitting and looking at computer while completing repetitive motions to include substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as:
- preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned (i.e., custodial, food services, general labor, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, inspection, etc.) The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions:
- Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to oils:
- There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 year experience in Thermoplastic/LSR machine set-up and completion of SMC set-up training program.
- Knowledge of IQMS. Knowledge of the material handling system.
- Knowledge of molds and ability to clean them for production run.
- Must be mechanically inclined and be able to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to adapt to constant changes. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English. Ability to meet the qualifications/requirements of Mold Technician Level 1.
To begin your journey, go to : https://jobs.peopleready.com/jobs/PR-1195854/Plaster-Molder
Connect and network online with us:
We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.