Position Summary: The Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining and improving site grounds. Assigned work such as mowing, trimming, leaf removal, de-icing, etc. may fluctuate by season Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Maintains and improves facility grounds
- Utilize planned designs to determine landscaping needs
- Performs tasks such as planting, mowing, weeding, fertilizing, sweeping, raking, salting, shoveling snow, removing ice, etc.
- Operate various types of equipment including power mowers, saws, weed eaters, hedge trimmers, sprayers, etc.
- Operates trucks and tractors and attachments used to maintain grounds as needed
- Clean and upkeep sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, etc.
- Performs regular maintenance and minor repairs on lawn equipment and tools
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience in grounds keeping/horticulture preferred
- Working knowledge of grounds keeping principals and power landscape equipment
- Must be able to adhere to safety procedures to do physical risks
- Requires frequent lifting, moving, carrying, pushing, pulling of over 50 lbs
- Requires frequent standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and crouching
- Work involves exposure to unusual elements and extreme temperatures
- Valid drivers license required.
- Occasional evenings and weekend hours required to remove snow.
Aramark is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran