TRUCK DRIVER (NOC: 73300)
Posted on September 18, 2023 by Tandem contracting Limited
Chestermere, AB T1X 0W8
On the road job
28.00 hourly / 40 to 50 hours per Week
Terms of employment:
Day, Evening, Morning, Night, Overtime, Weekend
Starts as soon as possible
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- Load and unload goods
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
- Experience and specialization
- Documentation knowledge
- Driver logbook
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
- Trip reports
- Type of trucking and equipment
- Dump truck
- Communication systems experience
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Other benefits
- Learning/training paid by employer
WHO CAN APPLY TO THIS JOB?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply:
By applying directly on Job Bank (Direct Apply)
Here is what you must include in your application:
References attesting experience
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
Are you available for shift or on-call work?
Are you available for the advertised start date?
Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
Are you willing to relocate for this position?
Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?