WE ARE PEOPLEREADY
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady located at MethuenÂ , Massachusetts, 1844 is currently hiring a Cafeteria Helper
We are looking to hire a hard-working Kitchen Staff to clean, stock, and maintain the kitchen as well as help with the preparation of meal ingredients. The Kitchen Staff responsibilities include retrieving ingredients from the refrigerator, freezer, and stockroom, measuring ingredients as per the Cook's instructions, and removing leftovers from patrons' plates, bowls, and glasses. You should also be able to ensure that all work areas are properly sanitized.To be successful as a Kitchen Staff you should demonstrate sound knowledge of proper food handling procedures and remove expired or spoiled ingredients from the refrigerator, freezer, and stockroom. Ultimately, an outstanding Kitchen Staff should be able to follow all food health and safety regulations and display exceptional organizational skills to ensure the timely completion of kitchen duties.
- Preparing meal ingredients for the Cook, which includes washing, peeling, cutting, and slicing ingredients.
- Assisting kitchen staff to unload food supplies from delivery trucks.
- Properly washing and drying all dishes, utensils, cooking instruments and cutting boards.
- Neatly putting away all utensils, cooking instruments, dishes, and cutting boards in their respective places.
- Packing take-out orders as needed.
- Removing garbage, replacing garbage bags, and washing garbage cans.
- Mopping and sweeping the kitchen areas as required.
- Storing ingredients and food items according to food safety standards.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience helping in kitchen settings.
- A food handler's license.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to safely use kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Sound knowledge of food safety standards and procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Our national teams provide expertise in flexible, industry-specific solutions for construction, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics, marine, transportation, warehousing and distribution, waste and recycling, and many other industries.
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.
To begin your journey, go to:
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Youtube
We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.