The Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc at 2202 W Hill Road, Flint, MI 48507 is looking for active people to join our housekeeping and hotel team!
Learn about the job:
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date Effective: August 8, 2019
A Room Attendant is primarily responsible for maintaining clean and attractive guest rooms, hallways, and public areas in the hotel, servicing guest rooms daily in accordance with hotel procedures, stocking cart with room supplies, and replacing bed linens and replenishing guest room supplies while following company standards and safety/security procedures.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
· This position requires strong attention to detail, ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally or in written form
· Long hours sometimes required.
· Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to bend, lift, and be standing or walking during entire shift
· Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
· Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
· Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
· Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Thoroughly clean and restock the required number of guest rooms per shift.
· Complete all pre-cleaning duties, including but not limited to, guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and linen for housekeeping cart set-up.
· Remove all trash and dirty linen from guest rooms.
· Keep all hallways, public areas and closets clean, neat and vacuumed.
· Prepare housekeeping cleaning cart for next day's use.
· Clean room with the door closed always unless requested to do otherwise by the guest.
· Report all missing items from room (i.e., irons/boards, hair dryers, etc.) to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
· Report any maintenance repairs immediately to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
· Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the standards.
· Follow all procedures as outlined by the Housekeeping Manager.
· Other duties as required.
HOW TO APPLY
· Submit your Resume via Indeed https://www.indeed.com/job/housekeeper-maid-23ca03bbfb7300ca
· Apply in Person at 2202 W Hill Road, Flint MI 48507
· Call 810-424-7000 to receive an email address to forward your resume to.