Please apply online @: www.pepsicojobs.com
Position scope (Specific Duties and Responsibilities)
- Operate all juice processing equipment in a safe fashion so as to meet production schedules.
- Perform machine operational functions, such as but not limited to rebuilding of valves and gasket replacements.
- Safely maintain all juice processing equipment to meet production schedules within established quality standards.
- Perform quality checks to ensure proper ingredients, labeling, products and other materials are correctly used during production runs.
- Perform equipment center lining and clean, process walks, inspect and lubricate (CIL) to ensure that all equipment is running safely and at peak performance and delivering products that meet the quality standards.
- Perform rapid change overs to ensure that the next products are started on time and meet the quality standards. Track rapid change over data as required.
- Effectively trouble shoot the complete system (including all equipment and subcomponents utilizing appropriate Focused Improvement tools such as but not limited to Why-Why analysis.
- Participate as needed in total production manufacturing (TPM) including but not limited to AM, PM, FI, OCCI, EM, &HSE pillar teams.
- Maintain all areas to 5S standards.
- Track and maintain material counts and trouble shoot variances.
- Use Predictive Maintenance tools (such as but not limited to Down Day Planning and Break Down Analysis) as needed.
- Lead the process improvement meetings (such as but not limited to Why-Why analysis, Simple Root Cause Analysis, and 7-step analysis) to eliminate losses or waste, to include safety issues.
- Resolve equipment/system problems as they occur.
- Work other shifts as needed to provide technical support and training.
- Work overtime as needed to support 24/7 operations (in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement).
- Operate various computer programs and learn new and upgraded programs as needed.
- Develop and present detailed training on equipment and systems, standard operating procedures, one point lessons, and other operational needs. When necessary, update and revise training manuals to ensure training requirements and certifications are met
- Must have good operational equipment skills and knowledge of basic mechanical tools.
Ability to read and interpret technical operational manuals.
Ability to operate complex machinery to achieve productions goals.
Ability to execute and manage a production plan.
Ability to develop, foster, work in and maintain a team environment.
Ability to utilize analysis and problem assessment skills resulting in timely and effective decisions and problem solutions.
Ability to understand and comply with quality assurance and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
Ability to recognize unsafe conditions and make immediate corrective actions.
Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
Ability to effectively manage time and set and execute multiple priorities and tasks.
Business level written and verbal communication skills (primarily in English).
Ability to express ideas effectively in groups and in individual situations, adjust language and/or terminology to needs of diverse groups.
Communication abilities will be needed to ensure thorough information sharing cross functionally and with higher levels of the organization.
Ability to use basic computer functions for software such as but not limited to Microsoft Office suite of programs, Outlook, SAP, and other functional PC applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.