Division 2 Environmental Ltd. is looking for full time Demolition Skilled Labourers. Division 2 Environmental is an established and growing demolition and abatement contractor with jobsites throughout Metro Vancouver, BC, located in Surrey, BC, V3V 4G4
12 Positions available.
Main duties are as follows but not limited to:
- Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities
- Level earth to fine grade specifications using rake and shovel
- Assist in demolishing buildings using prying bars and other tools, and sort, clean and pile salvaged materials
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites
· Erect and dismantle scaffolding, ramps, shoring and barricades required
- Loading and unloading of tools to and from site, transfer demolition materials to disposal bin or truck, as well as sort and pile demolition materials
- Remove ceiling tile and grid, carpet, floor tile, doors and windows as well as dry wall and walls
- Inspect and use hand tools and power tools to dismantle structures. Jack hammer tile, concrete and other materials if required
- Removing asbestos and other hazardous materials
- Organize and label non working tools, supplies and equipment, sweep up work area and vacuum slurry
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed
- Any other general demolition, excavation, concrete cutting, disposal, construction or clerical task as directed by site foreman.
- Operate scissor lift
- Communicate between lead hands and labourers
- Check work area for unsafe conditions
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment as well as Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas
- High school diploma
- Minimum 2 years commercial construction experience
- Fluency in English
Successful candidates may be responsible for training and supervising employees. Hours of work are 8 hours/day 5 days a week. Occasional afternoon, night and weekend shifts may be required. Pay is $24/hour.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Please send resumes via email, firstname.lastname@example.org