Team Leader Part-Time Bronx, NY, US
Team Leader (Beacon HuntsPoint)
Why you should join our team
We offer an exciting opportunity for caring individuals looking to impact the lives of youth people. We offer a competitive hourly rate, ongoing professional development and a vibrant work environment at one of the leading child and family organizations in New York City. Here are some of our accolades:
· Harvard Business School New York City Community Partner Award Winner for excellent leadership and management (2019)
· Kym Watson, Chief Operating Officer, inducted into the New York State Women in Human Services Hall of Fame (2019)
· Ranked among top New York City child welfare agencies by the NYC Administration for Children’s Services for helping children find permanent homes (2016-2018)
· Jess Dannhauser, CEO, selected as 2015 “40 under 40” Rising Star in the New York nonprofit community by New York Nonprofit Media (Nov 2015)
About the Program
Beacon programs are school-based community centers serving children age six and older, and adults. There are currently 91 Beacons located throughout the five boroughs of New York City operating in the afternoons and evenings, on weekends, and during school holidays and vacation periods, including the summer. Beacons provide Our goal is to give each participant, regardless of age, a positive and fun learning experience in a safe, friendly environment. Team Leaders will support the Instructor with a class of students that are assigned by grade level. Classes take place M-Fri. Between 3p.m. and 6p.m. during the school year and can increase over the summer.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Assist the Instructor in leading lesson plans in a variety of areas including sports/recreation, arts, dance and STEM
· Lead activities homework help time.
· Create a safe, bully-free environment for all participants.
· Maintain accurate student attendance reports.
· Attend mandatory staff meetings and professional development trainings
· Ensure that the learning environment is clean, safe and materials are prepared.
· Use positive classroom management techniques.
Please click on link below to apply:
· A minimum of one year working with elementary and/or middle schoolers in a structured afterschool environment.
· Some college preferred, high school diploma or equivalency required.
· Experience in working with students from diverse backgrounds, specifically low income communities.
· CPR, First Aid and AED certified preferred, but not required
· Track record of good customer service and organization skills.
· Demonstrated ability to design lesson plans and/or teach from a qualified curriculum.
· Strong group and classroom management skills.
Core Competencies: Excellent Interpersonal & Conflict Resolution skills; Positive Attitude & Professional Demeanor. Must possess
quality communication skills that reflect active listening. Ability to empathize with participants and plan appropriate interventions with staff and supervisor is paramount
Position Type Part Time