Facilities Assistant I (Part Time) Part-TimeService Worker Brooklyn, NY, US
Under the supervision of the Operation Manager, the Facilities Assistant I is responsible for the care and upkeep of the facilities which includes minor repairs, routine maintenance and other miscellaneous duties.
Paint projects (as necessary)
Basic plumbing duties (i.e., repair leaky faucet, shut off water valve, unclog sink or commode)
Basic flooring installation and repair
Basic electric maintenance ( i.e., light bulb, switch plate replacement)
Basic carpentry (i.e., changing locks, minor repairs and maintenance of facilities)
Maintain the janitorial inventory list
Apprise Operation Manager of any issues, damage, equipment or supplies re-order that requires follow up. Completes
maintenance log daily.
Notifies the Operations Manager of urgent and re-occurring issues, related to plumbing, electric, HVAC, and security.
Change batteries, re-charge devices as warranted and maintains emergency “go-bag” and disaster plan supplies with
Member of the agency’s Emergency Response Team
Regular inspection of grounds and perimeter of building to assure that walkways, stairs and ramps are safe;
“Salt” grounds and shovels (as necessary) in snowy and icy weather
Offices and Meeting rooms and common areas:
Assures that conference rooms are clean and conducive for family and staff meetings; assures that furnishings, equipment and hardware are in good condition
Bathrooms & Kitchens:
Assures that conditions of the bathrooms are sanitary and that there are sufficient supplies of toilet tissue, soap and paper towels; Inspects sinks, toilets, urinals, counters, walls, stalls, and dispensers.
Inspects refrigerator, microwave and other appliances for cleanliness and to safeguard against fire hazards
Please click on link below to apply:
• High School diploma/ GED required.
• Basic knowledge of facilities maintenance and office functions.
• Ability to perform bending, lifting, prolonged sitting/standing. Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
Competencies & Character Traits:
• Supports the mission, vision and philosophy of Graham Windham. Complies with all organizational policies and
• Supports all functions that attain and maintain accreditation and compliance with regulatory agencies.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively on a team with peers and across programs
• Able to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work with diverse populations (including LGBT) and cultures, process information and respond appropriately.
• Valid New York State Driver’s License and a clean driving record and willingness and ability to drive a car or van within
the 5 boroughs of New York City, Long Island, counties north of the city
• Flexibility to work evenings and occasional weekends.