WE ARE PEOPLEREADY
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady Branch # 2213, located at 355 Montreal Road, Ottawa, ON, Canada, K1L 8H3 is currently hiring a Carpenter.
Do you love being engaged in many tasks in a versatile occupation? Are you passionate about the idea of building things with your own hands? We are looking for an Carpenter. You will help Journeyman Carpenters complete a variety of construction projects, which can include anything from crafting kitchen cabinets to building bridges. For example, some carpenters:
- Insulate office buildings
- Install drywall or kitchen cabinets in homes
- Install the wooden concrete forms for cement footings or pillars
- Erect shoring and scaffolding for buildings.
You will use many different tools to cut and craft wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall. Carpenters commonly use hand tools, including squares, levels, and chisels, as well as many power tools, such as sanders, circular saws, nail guns, and welding machines. Carpenters fasten materials together with nails, screws, staples, and adhesives, and will do a final check to ensure accuracy. They use a tape measure on nearly every project because proper measuring reduces waste and ensures that the pieces being cut are the proper size.
- Metal and wood framing and roof truss components.
- Cutting materials using different tools without errors.
- Reading and understanding blueprints and drawings.
- Placing and securing wood during the building process.
- Being confident in framing, measuring, trim work, and finishing work.
Qualifications & Experience
- One year of experience in residential or commercial carpentry preferred.
- Basic math skills - addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly.
- OSHA 10 preferred - please contact your local branch about how we can provide you with OSHA training.
- Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds in order to load and unload wood and other materials as well as carry needed tools and materials to and from the jobsite.
- Take pride in your strong work ethic, positive mindset, and desire to improve.
To begin your journey, go to :
Connect and network online with us:
We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.