WE ARE PEOPLEREADY
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady located at Opelika, Alabama, 36801 is currently hiring a Electrician
Could you envision a world without power? PeopleReady is currently looking for entry-level Apprentice Electricians to provide energy for our clients. Are you up to the task of gaining valuable experience in a wonderful work environment? Apprentice Electricians will install and repair electrical components on our residential or commercial jobsites working with a Journeyman Electrician. Almost every building has electrical power - for communications, lighting, and control systems that are installed during construction and maintained after that. These systems power the lights, appliances, and equipment that make people's lives and jobs easier and more manageable. .
Electricians generally focus on either construction or maintenance, although many do both. They usually start their work by reading blueprints - technical diagrams that show the locations of circuits, outlets, load centers, panel boards, and other equipment. After resolving where all the wires and components will go, electricians install and connect the wires to circuit breakers, transformers, outlets, or other components and systems, then test their work using ammeters, ohmmeters, and voltmeters. Once all the tests are passed, they will make notes and records to ensure the integrity of the systems that they helped to implement. We would love to hire you for this full-time position today.
- Measuring, cutting, and bending wire and conduit using measuring instruments and hand tools
- Maintaining tools, vehicles, and equipment and keeping parts and supplies in order
- Performing semiskilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment
- Following state and local building regulations based on the National Electrical Code
- Minimum one year experience on commercial or residential construction sites
- Able to perform tests and use the results to diagnose problems - for example, when an outlet is not working, using a multimeter to check the voltage, amperage, or resistance to resolve the appropriate course of action, or, if a motor stops working, performing tests to settle the cause of its failure and then fixing or replacing the motor
- Must have tools of the trade and be able to bring them to jobsites
- Verifiable references to confirm your professional experience
- Take pride in your strong work ethic, positive mindset, and desire to improve.
Our national teams provide expertise in flexible, industry-specific solutions for construction, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics, marine, transportation, warehousing and distribution, waste and recycling, and many other industries.
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.
To begin your journey, go to:
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Youtube
We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.