Employment Success Coordinator Regular Full-Time Bronx, NY, US
The Graham SLAM program works with youth ages 16 -24 who are in Graham Windham’s programs including foster care, foster care prevention, community-based afterschool and mental health programs. The program aims to develop a strong network of support for each young person through high school and post-secondary education and training (college or a recognized vocational certificate program) and into living-wage employment. The program ‘sticks with’ youth through age 25, or into a living wage career path.
The Employment Success Coordinator will support SLAM youth in developing a pathway to employment success. They will develop and maintain long-term, cooperative working relationships with private, public, and community employment partners in collaboration with the Graham SLAM team. They will also assist program participants in internship placements and career-oriented employment.
Graham SLAM Employment Success Coordinator will:
- Create and manage a SLAM employment pathway for youth.
- Develop placements for work experience, work-study, internships, and community service/volunteer opportunities with employers in the private, public, and community sector for youth in the Graham SLAM program.
- Create and maintain a pipeline to entry-level employment internships that give access to direct placements with companies.
- Develop and maintain an internal job bank database.
- Maintain current applications, interview data, and initiate techniques to better serve and match participants with jobs and internships.
- Compile, develop, and maintain file notes, statistical reports, and records with both partners and participants to better understand success rate and trends.
- Stay up to date with job market information that affects youth employment trends.
- Develop and maintain long-term, cooperative working relationships with private, public, and community employment partners.
- Manage all employment and internship related reporting including entering required data into the SLAM database.
- Attend workshops, meetings and training related to workforce opportunities for SLAM youth.
- Work creatively towards increasing retention and maintaining strong participant attendance by facilitating work-readiness workshops. This includes serving as the lead person for Career Club and providing support to SLAM staff who facilitate the workshops.
- Develop and coordinate job placement activities with SLAM Coaches, such as field trips and Workshops.
- Travel to multiple service sites within the program
- Perform other related duties as required by Supervisor.
- Are able to work with diverse populations (including LGBTQ) and cultures, process information and respond empathically.
Please click on link below to apply:
Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
Two years of experience in workforce development
Computer literate and conversant with social media