Case Planner - Adoption Regular Full-Time Bronx, NY, US
About the Position
Provides and coordinates excellent quality care and healing to Graham Windham’s children and ensures that every one of the children on the caseload is living in a nurturing, safe, and permanent family as quickly as possible. Learn more about what it is like to be a Case Planner at Graham Windham by watching our Realistic Job Previews at http://www.graham-windham.org/careers/employee-videos/.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Creates, with families, service plans for families and children that are inclusive of stakeholders’ input; build on client strengths; that are realistic, culturally competent, provide meaningful assistance, and are in accordance with City, State and Federal Regulations
- Ensures that children are safe and well cared for in the foster/adoptive home through development and maintenance of a positive working relationship with the child and foster parents, regular contact with child/foster parent, and immediate response to early signs of disruption.
- Gauges bonding and goodness-of-fit between child and adoptive parents through careful observation of parent/child interaction at visits, feedback from other service providers, home visits and interviews. Works with families to adapt service plan throughout the life of the case.
- Ensures that each child is progressing toward permanency. Prepares for TPR, ICPC, surrenders, adoptions, custody arrangements, etc., as needed.
- Regularly appears in Family Court hearings related to the children and families served. Attends & plays an active role Family Team Conferences (FTC’s), 20 Day Conferences & Parent to Parent Conferences.
- Responds to client emergencies within or outside work hours.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Please click on link below to apply:
Requires BSW or BA degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or related field, Bilingual in Spanish preferred; (2) years minimum child welfare experience with at least (1) year of direct foster care experience; Must be able to travel within NYC Metropolitan area; Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and organizational skills; Computer literate, MS Office; NYS Connections; Ability to work with diverse populations.
Full-time position; Salary in the $40’s in accordance with qualifications. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.