WE ARE PEOPLEREADY
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady located at Houston, Texas, 77060 is currently hiring a Maintenance Mechanic
The Maintenance Mechanic position is responsible for performing a wide range of duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all forklifts.
Note: Payrate for this position is $18/Hour- $20/Hour.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install, maintain and troubleshoot propane/electric/diesel forklifts.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of forklifts during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of forklifts during machine service times.
- Perform duties including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of forklifts.
- Read and interpret forklift manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on all forklifts.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Complete service documents and logs for preventative maintenance in maintenance system
- Replace broken or defective parts from inventory and/or order replacement parts.
- Perform safety inspection of forklifts prior to being released back to the work.
- Cleaning of equipment and other areas as required.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- Technical Capacity
- Computer Skills
- Welding a plus
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
- Valid driver's license
- Takes initiative.
- 5 years of experience preferred (hyster,taylor,yale,etc.)
- Basic set of tools
- Open shop work atmosphere (seasonably hot and cold) and noise level can be loud.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing throughout the day. The employee must be able to lift up to 55 pounds
Our national teams provide expertise in flexible, industry-specific solutions for construction, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics, marine, transportation, warehousing and distribution, waste and recycling, and many other industries.
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.
To begin your journey, go to:
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Youtube
We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.