WE ARE PEOPLEREADY
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady located at Houston, Texas, 77060 is currently hiring a Maintenance Tech - Nights
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing a wide range of duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the sites business goals and objectives.
Note: Payrate for this position is $18/Hour- $20/Hour.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform highly diversified duties to install, maintain and troubleshoot production machines and the plant facilitys equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform duties including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments as needed according to manufacturer specifications. Look up and get correct machine part details to inventory specialist to get machine running properly.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities according to manufacturers specifications (with possible updates from maintenance Manager)
- Report to Lead/Supervisor/Manager when all tasks are done to see what is to be worked on.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Any other maintenance task as needed
- Qualifications & Required Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- 3+ years' experience with electrical
- Knowledge of Air Compressor Maintenance a plus
- General Troubleshooting for manufacturing equipment
- Open shop work atmosphere (seasonably hot and cold) and noise level can be loud.
- Hours are Monday through Saturday and Sunday (rotating Saturdays and Sundays) 7:30PM-4:00AM.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing throughout the day. The employee must be able to lift up to 55 pounds.
Our national teams provide expertise in flexible, industry-specific solutions for construction, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics, marine, transportation, warehousing and distribution, waste and recycling, and many other industries.
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.
To begin your journey, go to:
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Youtube
We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.