WE ARE PEOPLEREADY
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady Branch #1247 located at Port of New Orleans, LA is currently hiring a < Crane Operator>
The crane operator will operate and maintain assigned cranes and ship’s gear performing lifts as required while providing guidance to an assigned crew in the terminal and on vessels/ barges.
- Will be required to operate differing sizes of company equipment in a safe manner to stack and retrieve supplies and materials while maintaining inventory and ensuring production area organization and cleanliness.
- Responsible for visual inspection of all products being received or loaded.
- Responsible for accuracy of all counts and for following proper tallying procedures.
- Responsible for accuracy, legibility, completion and timely submission of all documentation.
- Maintain sanitation and housekeeping in work and dock area.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a current and valid TWIC card and be able to access the port(s).
- Will need unescorted access to port facilities and vessels for transporting goods from ships to their destination.
- Must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation.
- Hustler driving experience.
- Clean driving record (3 points or less).
- Minimum 2 years of friction and hydraulic crane experience in maritime/industrial or warehousing environment is required.
- Must be able to successfully complete extensive screening and onboarding process.
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.
To begin your journey, go to
We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs, so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.