Position Title: Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) Specialist
Location: Falls Church, VA
Please apply online at: http://www.advancia.com/careers
Advancia Aeronautics is seeking a qualified Business Process Re-engineering Specialist who will assist and work with the HAFC Governance Team in identifying areas for improvement and reengineer current business processes to ensure business process steps are aligned with GFEBS software functionality. The employee shall work closely with all key participants to ensure business process solutions are developed and designed to meet respective needs of the Military Health System Defense Health Program. Process reengineering shall entail attending workshops, supporting the development of solutions to meet existing and emerging requirements, and developing related documents and updates for training material, documents and job aids, as necessary. The employee shall establish program objectives or performance goals and assess progress. The employee will be required to analyze organizational and operational problems and develop timely solutions and conduct analysis of proposed functional systems changes to determine impact on ongoing operating systems. Other responsibilities will include serving as an action officer in several sub-work groups preparing materials, briefings, ex-sums, minutes, and documenting, tracking down, and assisting with the completion of various action items to accomplish the successful completion of a written policy and or standardized business process. This will include fact finding to support cases for GFEBS enhancement and these cases may cross into Audit, Finance, Manpower, Logistics, etc. The employee will work with all Service Components in understanding how business is done to standardize guidance/policy/processed into one that can be applied across the Military Health System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Work with the end user, management and executive financial management community to identify, analyze and recommend improvements to current business processes based on lessons learned, new compliance requirements, and auditability goals.
· Develop/update documents that describe how the business process will be used operationally throughout MHS Commands.
· Monitor the performance and effectiveness of business processes and provides recommendations for improvement.
· Utilize “As-Is” business process and system documentation and assess the difference between the “As-Is” and the GFEBS current functional/performance requirements.
· Schedule and facilitate workshops to identify gaps between “As-Is” and GFEBS processes. Document the functional features, business rules, logic, and data collection tools/techniques required to support the “To-Be” business processes.
· Develop the “To-Be” business process and gain stakeholder and process owner concurrence.
· Update system architecture and audit readiness documentation based on new processes.
· Modify existing training materials to reflect new business processes.
· Coordinate with Policy Manager and make recommendations to policies and procedures. Identify required waivers to policies and procedures.
· Identify updates to GFEBS and/or partner systems and data structures (DODAACs, TACs, limits, etc.) and support the development of action plans/release schedules.
· Develop and support the approach for business processes implementation during phased implementation to sites.
· Recommend improvements to Army PMO and GFEBS governance.
· Document Complementary User Entity Controls (CUEC) requirements and System Management Plans (SMPs) for DHA, USUHS and BUMED necessary to support audit.
· Track and support applicable NFRs and corrective action plans for MHS Components and GFEBS audits.
Education & Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university; Master’s Degree Preferred
· Understanding of standard operating systems and personal computer applications.
· General knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Change Management practices.
· Knowledge of GFEBS Functionalities include Financial Accounting (FI), Spending Chain (SC); Fund Management (FM), Sales and Distribution (SD), Accounts Receivable (AR), Reimbursable Accounting (RA), Controlling (CO), Human Resources (HR), Plant Property & Equipment (PP&E), and Business Intelligence (BI).
· Ability to think critically; problem solving; adaptability to dynamic client environment; strong verbal and written communications (confidence in presenting to senior executive and large groups of people).
· Knowledge, Skill and Ability in developing meeting minutes/meeting summaries, scheduling/logistics, SharePoint management, etc. is required.
· Knowledge of Military Health System.
· Travel may be required.
· U.S. citizenship required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely is required.
Working Conditions/Working Environment/Physical Demands
· Some walking and standing required. You may have to lift and carry equipment (i.e. books, tools) weighing approximately 10-15 pounds.
· Most of the work is performed in-doors
· Work in the occupation involves making repetitive motions more than 1/3 of the time
· Requires standing for periodically
· Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel and bend
· Travel may be required.
Advancia Aeronautics is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.