WE ARE PEOPLEREADY
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady located at Tuscaloosa, Alabama, 35401 is currently hiring a Groundskeeper / Litter Crew
We are looking for an energetic Groundskeeper / Litter Crewto keep our institution's grounds functionally and aesthetically sound. The Groundskeeper / Litter Crew will maintain lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, stair paths, retaining walls and turf. The Groundskeeper / Litter Crew will employ insecticides, chemical sprays, fertilizers and mulches to optimize condition of greenery. You will keep grounds free from trash, litter, debris, weeds, plant diseases and harmful insects. You will maintain equipment and supplies, and order as needed.
To be successful in this role you need to ensure grounds are pleasant—both visually and operatively—at all times, while maintaining equipment. Top candidates are hard-working, meticulous and patient.
- Maintaining site landscaping.
- Maintaining lawns, trees, shrubs, flowers, turf and irrigation.
- Fertilizing lawn, trees, flowers and shrubs, and spreading mulch.
- Trimming trees, hedges and shrubs, and preventing and eliminating weeds.
- Operating and maintaining hand tools, such as loppers, saws and shovels efficiently.
- Operating and maintaining trucks and power tools.
- Utilizing insecticides, fertilizers and chemical sprays to treat diseases.
- Keeping grounds free from trash, litter and debris, and emptying trash receptacles.
- Conducting basic irrigation audit and performing basic irrigation repairs.
- Removing snow by using shovel or snow blower.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ year groundskeeping or related experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Proficient in using manual and power tools safely.
- Free from allergies that interfere with Groundskeeper duties.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Available to work overtime.
- Proficient with sending emails.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
Our national teams provide expertise in flexible, industry-specific solutions for construction, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics, marine, transportation, warehousing and distribution, waste and recycling, and many other industries.
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.
To begin your journey, go to:
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Youtube
We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.