WE ARE PEOPLEREADY
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady Branch # 1258 located at 8300 Professional Hill Drive, Fairfax, VA, 22031 is currently hiring Freight Handler.
Are you a dedicated worker who loves to see a task through from beginning to end? Do you have a passion for working with your hands in a high energy environment? PeopleReady is looking to immediately hire a Freight Handler who takes pride in his or her work. Freight Handlers are one of the first points of contact when shipments come into warehouses, often being in charge of greeting the truck and reviewing the packing list and bill of lading before unloading the contents. The types of material that a Freight Handler might encounter can vary; you may see paper products, linens, or heavier items. Whatever the shipment may be, your job is to safely get it from the truck to the warehouse. A Freight Handler could be asked to unload pallets with an electric power jack or forklift, as well. If this position sounds like a good fit, we encourage you to apply at the link above.
- Physically loading or unloading freight or materials from trucks
- Sometimes using an electric power jack or forklift to unload
- Assisting warehouse operations with related shipping and receiving tasks
- Adhering to safety protocols
- Counting and scanning incoming freight or packages
- Reviewing bills of lading and confirming packing lists
- Repacking boxes as needed
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in warehouse settings is preferred
- Basic math skills - addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- Able to repeatedly lift up to 80 pounds, and able to continually bend, twist, and raise arms above head
- Strong work ethic and positive mindset
- Some assignments may require a valid driver's license or forklift license
- Some assignments have additional screening requirements, such as background checks and/or drug tests.
To begin your journey, go to :
Connect and network online with us:
We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.