Director Regular Full-Time NEW YORK, NY, US
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the design and implementation of service plans for families and children that are inclusive of stakeholders’ input; build on client strengths; that are realistic, effective, provide meaningful assistance, and are in accordance with City, State and Federal Regulations and mandates. Provides coaching and support to staff to reinforce quality case practice using Solution-Based Casework.
- Ensure that staff interacts respectfully with families, foster parents, and children, adolescents and young adults.
- Build staff’s capacity to foresee and prevent casework crises through sound assessments, planning and engagement and decision-making.
- Oversee the function of the Brooklyn office including visit schedules, crisis intervention, use of agency vehicles and other resources, and coverage.
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate staff with assistance from agency administration.
- Participate in Division’s strategic planning, policy making and training curriculum development
- Provide direct supervision to supervisors/others as needed.
- Be on-call for case or staff emergencies
- Prepare monthly report of Region’s progress, activities for Division.
- Assist in preparation for audits and accreditation.
Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW/LMSW) or related field; Minimum five years
supervisory/management experience in a foster care setting; Understanding of and commitment to
respecting cultural diversity; Understanding of and ability to navigate health, mental health, education,
housing, MR/DD and other social service systems; Commitment to staff development; Computer literacy
including word processing, spread sheets, databases and Connections required
Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
Full-time position; salary commensurate with experience, in accordance with qualifications. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.