Case Aide Regular Full-Time NEW YORK, NY, US
Duties & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Manage phone messages, handling correspondence, ordering supplies, and performing other essential day to day activities, which include but are not limited to maintaining sign in/ out sheet, updating program’s office calendar, tracking staff schedules, establish and maintain an administrative filing system within the office, oversee records management, including off-site storage, create and maintain case records, process new referrals and create intake packets.
- Gathers and enters data in the New York State Office of Children and Family Services’ CONNECTIONS electronic case record system (that data spans - progress notes, sibling visit grids & diligent search packages)
- Manages mail and correspondence including family planning letters, filing & calendars.
- Assists with processing applications for state identification, birth certificates, and social security cards for children and youth in foster care.
- Monitor the submission of and follow-up regarding time sheets, purchase orders, check requests and other correspondences to other agency departments.
- Visits foster families, youth, and caregiver homes as needed.
- Supervises family visits as needed.
- Drives staff and clients (Foster children, parents, and foster parents). Travels in and out of state when needed. Supports all functions that attain and maintain accreditation and compliance with all regulatory agencies, including NYC Children’s Services (NYCCS), the NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) and the Council on Accreditation (CoA).
- Provides/oversees proper record keeping and documentation for all activities.
- Collects, organizes and files report cards, attendance records, individualized education plans (IEP) and other data related to youth’s educational outcomes.
- Manages and organizes case records for the unit – this includes creating new case records, closing old case records and maintaining separated sibling logs.
Requires High School Diploma; Min. one (1) year of experience working directly with families and children; Valid NYS Driver’s License & clean driving record; Willingness and ability to drive a car or van within the 5 boroughs of New York City, Long Island, and counties North of the city. Bilingual in Spanish preferred; time management and organizational skills; Computer literate, MS Office; Ability to work with diverse populations; Team oriented; Overtime when necessary.
An applicant for employment will not be hired if his or her driving record reflects any of the following infractions; some examples include but are not limited to:
- Suspended, revoked or otherwise invalid license
- Reckless , high risk or otherwise unsafe driving behavior within the past 3 years
- 6 or more points on license
Full-time position; Salary commensurate with experience. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.