WE ARE PEOPLEREADY
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady Branch located at Port Charlotte, FL, is currently hiring a Trash Slinger
Job Summary Driver Helper teams with Route Driver and assists in the collection of Waste and /or Recyclable material. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned. Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or commercial containers into truck.
- Containers maybe staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service.
- Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper.
- Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer
- The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Must have less than 1 year of previous experience in the field.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, and criminal history.
- Ability to work in fast paced, team environment. Preferred
- Ability to acquire a Commercial Drivers license
To begin your journey, go to : https://jobs.peopleready.com/jobs/PR-1200467/Trash-Slinger
Connect and network online with us:
We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.