WE ARE PEOPLEREADY
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady Branch located at Elizabeth, PA is currently hiring a Landfill Technician
Do you take pride in your dedication to completing work that might deter other people? Are you able to tackle any job, big or small, every single day? PeopleReady is looking for committed Landfill Technicians to assist with a variety of tasks in an area landfill. As a Landfill Technician, you could be asked to operate machinery to clear and dispose of materials or use your analytical skills to help to determine an efficient waste disposal plan. In some cases, you could also be asked to drive a truck to transport waste throughout the landfill. If this opportunity sounds interesting, you are encouraged to apply with the link above.
Note – Pay Rate for this Job is $13/Hour
- Operating heavy equipment necessary for landfill operations; maintaining equipment in a clean and functional operating condition
- Operating water truck to perform dust control and fire suppression activities as required
- Operating gatehouse; utilizing automated scale system; calculating and collecting amount due for waste loads
- Directing vehicle traffic at the landfill
- Maintaining landfill shop, catch fences, and buildings
- Performing basic clean-up of site and facilities as required
- Entering and retrieving data and preparing reports using a computer; reviewing such reports for accuracy and making corrections as required
- Observing safe working practices, including maintaining work areas in a safe condition
- Previous waste or heavy machinery experience preferred but not required
- Basic math skills - addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- Able to follow oral and/or written instructions
- Rare work ethic and a positive attitude
- Able to lift up to 80 pounds repeatedly and sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Comfortable with exposure to weather conditions, fumes, dust, and hazardous chemicals
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.
To begin your journey, go to
We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs, so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.