WE ARE PEOPLEREADY
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady located at Otay Mesa, California, 92154 is currently hiring a Shipping and Receiving Clerk
TheShipping and Receiving Clerk will ensure that products are properly loaded and unloaded, verify order accuracy, print incoming orders for the warehouse team and complete all daily shipments.
Shift Timing - 1st Shift (Day)
- Oversees and evaluates all activities of the shipping dock, ensuring safe and efficient loading of all freight.
- Dispatches incoming orders and distributes to Warehouse team.
- Verifies accuracy of orders picked by warehouse team.
- Enter data such as addresses, quantities, and weights to complete the paperwork necessary for shipment.
- Verify customer shipping method is used.
- Maintains database of shipment data to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to customer service and finance or other associated departments as required.
- Notifies supervisor of major discrepancies, over-shipments, or substitutions.
- Prepares bills of lading for shipments.
- Transports materials on shipping dock with a hand truck or other vehicle as needed.
- Loads trucks or railroad car using a forklift.
- Ensures product handling and delivery practices meet customer expectations.
- Keep records of shipments and file packing slips per company practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Shipping and Receiving Experience Required
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of truck freight rates.
- Strong understanding of applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration requirements and other related safety policies and best practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to monitor and maintain records and
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
Our national teams provide expertise in flexible, industry-specific solutions for construction, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics, marine, transportation, warehousing and distribution, waste and recycling, and many other industries.
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.
To begin your journey, go to:
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Youtube
We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.