Parkhurst Dining is seeking an hourly sous chef to join our campus dining team at the College of Saint Elizabeth. The Hourly Sous Chef participates, assists and maintains the standards of Parkhurst Dining in all areas of food production, sanitation, and management of employees, safety and quality control. Assists Executive Chef in all phases of planning, budgeting, costing, inventory and employee relations. Ensures company standards throughout daily activities.
- Manage and direct all culinary staff to insure standards and quality are being followed by each staff member.
- Assist in purchasing all food, paper, cleaning, bakery and safety items within budgeted levels.
- Assist with Executive Chef in menu development, organization and completion of production sheets and execution of new recipe standards.
- Assist Executive Chef in regular inspections of the entire unit for sanitation, cleanliness, temperatures and using checklists as a guide.
- Verify that recipe standards and consistency is constantly being used to ensure a quality product every time.
- Check schedule to ensure all employees are in place and ready to work.
- Review production sheet and daily menu plans.
- Review upcoming special events and catering needs and follow through with said tasks.
- Check time and temperature of hot and cold items in restaurant (on line and in coolers/hot boxes).
- Post and start a daily “kitchen log” to include closing comments, notes to staff and reminders.
- Post and start a leftover log to include products in coolers and freezers to be used the next day to ensure proper maintaining of the food cost levels.
- Post and maintain a weekly cleaning project list with special cleaning needs. Also maintain regular checkups with daily cleaning responsibilities.
- Check appearance and taste of food products on the serving line.