Company Name: Pearl Hot Pot
Business Address: 7154 Sperling Ave. Burnaby BC V5E 2W5
Start Date: as soon as possible
Period of Employment: Permanent
Type of work: Full Time
Wage: $ 23 /Hourly CAD, overtime rate of $ 34.5 hour will be paid if employees work more than 40 hours per week.
Work of Hours: 40 hour(s) per week.
Benefits: 4.00% vocation pay, free meal and tips
The main duties of Cook are as following
• Prepare ingredients for cooking, including washing, portioning, chopping and slicing;
• Prepares any necessary hot pot dipping sauces and stocks before meal service begins
• Ensure quality of food and determine size of food proportions;
• Prepares foods to the specifications of the client's needs
• Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on client preference
• Prepare various types of food from the menu, following carefully the recipes;
• Ensure appropriate levels of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in the kitchen;
• In charge of stock control for the freezers, pantries and store rooms;
• Order ingredients and spices as needed; Seasons food according to recipes or company needs
• Keeps records and accounts of food purchases
• Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion;
• Participate in devising new methods of cooking and new menu items;
• Assist and work with owner to hire and train new staff.
• Manage or train other employees in the kitchen, organize their daily duties and monitor performance;
• Communicates with owner about how to improve meal service and offers a creative menu to compete with other local restaurants
• Able to work under pressure and within the time limit.
- 5 years of recent related experience in restaurant field.
- Education: Secondary graduation certificate or higher.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working conditions and physical capabilities and meet the following qualifications:
• Recent related experience, specialized in hot pot, in food industry
• Have Food Safe Level 1
• Standing for extended periods
• Attention to detail
• work with pressure
• Fast-paced environment
• Repetitive tasks
• Team player
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit resume via email specify "cook" in the subject line.
Contact: Evonne Cheng