We are seeking multiple individuals to work for a major university in West Lafayette, IN who will ensure that food items are prepared according to the recipe and quality standards at all times including, but not limited to, signature bread, bagels and pizzas.
This position is temporary, entry level and hours will vary. Wage: $9.50 USD an hour
APPLY TODAY! Heap879@kellyservices.com
• Candidates must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds
• Adhere to production standards
• Handle knife and kitchen equipment properly and according to safety policies
• Use personal protective equipment (cutting glove) as required
• Operate and clean the oven according to specifications
• Set up, stock and maintain baker workstation according to specifications.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Manually wash or operate automatic dishwasher/potwasher to clean dishes, tableware, glassware, pots, pans and other items used in food preparation and service.
• General cleaning of tables, chairs, walls, vents, windows, and kitchen equipment.
• Regularly clean and maintain oven.
• Maintain health and sanitation regulations including ServSafe.
• Enforce cleanliness checklist to promote the overall appeal of the retail operation. Implement operational rules and regulations in accordance with standards.
• Assure attractive, sanitary display of food.
• Supervise service of food to customers.
• Greet customers at the register.
• Operate cash register and make change or charge order to correct account.
• Balance cash drawer at end of shift.
• Run necessary reports.
• Direct arrangement of dining area furniture and equipment.
• Interact with guests in a professional and courteous manner.
• Maintain professional uniform standards as outlined by company policy.
• Follow through with all guest complaints and concerns.
• Ensure that the ambiance of the retail operation is maintained at all times and train employees on the proper decorum when speaking with customers and other staff.