Chongqing Restaurant Kingsway location is looking for a pastry chef to join our team.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Cook and prepare food, desserts, noodles, dumplings, pancakes, doughnuts, etc. in accordance with the existent menus;
• Prepare and decorate cakes and other pastry goods according to requirements;
• Plan and design menus;
• Develop and create recipes, portion specifications, and standard preparation procedures for pastry dishes;
• Pair recommended desserts with appropriate wines, non-alcoholic drinks, etc.
• Prepare baked foods for specific diets (gluten-free, sugar-free, diabetes-friendly, etc.);
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff;
• Inspect the quality of the ingredients and measure them for specific recipes;
• Choose and recommend the ingredients needed for desserts and other baked goods, prepare list for ingredient purchase;
• Ensure that the kitchen equipment is in good conditions and meets all requirements;
• Organize and conduct tasting sessions for the waiting staff and for potential clients when the situation requires it;
• Clean the equipment and utensil and maintain the kitchen clean and in good order for proper functioning;
• Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by team lead or business owners;
•Certificate or diploma in Culinary Arts or Pastry
•Previous experience in pastry related cooking
•Food safety certification
•Effective interpersonal skills; Team player
•Possess a passion for culinary excellence with a passion to create exciting new dishes, appropriate for the venue’s concept.
•A strong work ethic and commitment to a premium level of quality
•Ability to work flexible hours, including afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
•Must be able to stand during scheduled shift, withstand repetitive walking, reaching, and bending for long periods of time
How to Apply:·Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment type: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Work location: 4909 Kingsway, Burnaby BC, V5H 2E5
Term of contract: Permanent
Compensation: $23.08 per hour, paid semi-monthly