This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Bean Around the World Coffees, is looking for a Food Service Supervisor who will be responsible for prepare baking materials and maintain sufficient baked goods supply to stores. Baker will ensure all baked goods are meeting the brand’s quality and food safety requirements. This position will work independently and able to deal calmly with emergency situations.
Employer Name: Duchess Designs Ltd. (D.B.A. Bean Around the World Coffees)
Work Location: 506 Chesterfield Avenue, North Vancouver, BC, V7M 2L9
Position Title: Baker
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Estimated Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Position Available: 1
Wage: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour (depending on working experience)
Working Hours: minimum 30 hours per week (including early morning)
Benefit: 2 weeks of paid vacation per year & Tips
- Prepare materials for baking including bread doughs, rolls, sweet goods doughs and icings/frostings following the recipes;
- Bake mixed doughs and batter and decorate baked goods;
- Operate machinery with care;
- Prepare baking production plan to maintain sufficient baked goods supply to stores;
- Produce variety of high-quality baked goods including best-selling products and seasonal products;
- Ensure baked goods meeting the brand’s standard of quality as well as food safety requirements;
- Maintain inventory of baking materials, supplies and place orders on shortage stocks;
- Along with store manager, oversee the sales of baked goods;
- Completion of secondary school is required;
- Completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program for bakers or completion of a college OR other program for bakers OR several years of commercial baking experience is required.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, meet deadlines, exercise initiative and work with a diverse work force;
- Effective oral and written communication skills along with organizational skills;
- Ability to deal calmly with emergency situations;
- Attention to detail, combination of sitting, standing and walking are required;
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please E-mail us your resume and cover letter to Jun-Young Bok (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line of Full-time Baker Position – Bean around the World Coffees. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed, and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Inquiries: E-mail only please.
We hire on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from racialized persons, visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
All qualified candidates who are authorized to work in Canada are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.