Peoplescout has been retained to manage the Talent Acquisition Manager search for PCH Hotels and Resorts
Many World Class Hospitality Management Companies have chosen to partner with PeopleScout as their Recruiting Service Provider to support their recruiting efforts. We pre-qualify applicants in order to provide the best quality candidates to the numerous Hospitality Companies who work with us nationwide.
Manages housekeeping functions and staff to ensure hotel guest rooms, public space and associate areas are clean and well maintained. Areas of responsibility include Housekeeping, Recreation Facilities and, if applicable, Laundry Operations. As a department head, directs and works with housekeeping management team and associates to successfully execute all housekeeping operations; strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of Housekeeping and Laundry operational procedures
- Effective decision-making skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting, and capital expenditure planning
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g. associates, customers, vendors
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
- Good presentation and platform skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Strong consensus building skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective influence skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Effective change management skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Good training/facilitator skills
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Hospitality Management Degree beneficial
- Keeps the Housekeeping team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
- Ensures guestrooms, public space and associate areas are cleaned according to operating standards.
- Ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Establishes goals and objectives for all areas of responsibility.
- Directs staff to strive for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Initiates and maintains an effective inspection program including rooms; public areas; associate work and locker areas; storage areas; recreation areas; laundry areas; garage and grounds.
- Works with the sales department to coordinate room inspections for VIP guests.
- Develops hotel general cleaning schedule and manages execution of work.
- Understands and communicates to staff the operating and maintenance procedures of all departmental equipment.
- Supervises and approves the budgeting and ordering of guestroom and cleaning supplies.
- Can effectively evaluate and implement new cleaning techniques, supplies and equipment.
- Ensures uniforms are properly inventoried and maintained.
- Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Office in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains strong working relationship with Front Office to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
- Oversees the coordination of turndown service and special needs of VIPs.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Works with the Central Laundry to manage costs and quality of hotel linen cleaning.
- Responsible for quality control of guest valet; manages vendor contract and pricing of services.
- Understands the job functions of the Engineering Staff and maintains an effective relationship between departments.
- Coordinates with the Engineering department on guest room maintenance needs.
- Defines and delineates engineering and housekeeping responsibilities.
- Ensures effectiveness of on-going rooms and related maintenance.
- Monitors and ensures implementation of an effective energy conservation program.
- Ensures all members of the Housekeeping staff understand and comply with loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Effectively investigates, reports and follows-up on associate accidents.
- Develops and manages modified duty, TLC and LOA programs and documents activities accurately.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so associates understand expectations and parameters. Ensures associates receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals and /or managers; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Attends pre- and post -convention meetings to understand group needs, set appropriate expectations and gather critical information to communicate to areas of responsibility.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement; reviews findings with associates to develop appropriate corrective action, shares plans with hotel leadership and ensures corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
PeopleScout, is the Recruiting Services Provider for World Class Hospitality Companies