This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: SolidGround Holdings Ltd. (D.B.A. Meat & Bread)
Meat & Bread prepares fast & delicious sandwiches with high quality ingredients, strong culinary skill and a lot of heart. Every location serves our signature carved-to-order porchetta sandwich, meatball sandwich, buffalo chicken sandwich and a weekly feature sandwich, may be paired with soup, salad, chip, or pickle. We are currently looking for a Cook in our Broadway location, who will prepare and cook delicious food for our dear customers.
Work Location: 796 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5Z 1J5
Position Title: Cook
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Estimated Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Position available: 1
Wage: $15.00 - $16.00 (Depending on Working Experience)
Work Hours: 30 hours per week
Benefit: 2 weeks paid vacation
- Prepare and cook a variety of sandwiches / individual ingredients and other side dishes;
- Ensure station, kitchen area and food storage are sanitized;
- Cook and alter dishes for customers with special dietary needs and allergies, and prepare catering boxes as necessary;
- Maintain inventory of food, kitchen supplies and equipment;
- Ensure food quality and oversee kitchen operation;
- Supervise and train kitchen staff in preparation and handling of ingredients.
- Completion of secondary school is required;
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks OR, Completion of college or other program in cooking or food safety OR, several years of commercial cooking experience may be required;
- Ability to work under pressure and busy kitchen environment;
- Working knowledge of English;
- Problem solving skills and prioritization skills.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter by E-mail to Jun-Young Bok: email@example.com with the subject line of: Full-time Cook Position at Meat & Bread (Broadway Location). Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Inquiries: e-mail only please.
Meat & Bread hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that is free of discrimination. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.