This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Cook at Ole Chicken
Established in the centre of downtown Vancouver, Ole Chicken has brought the best selection of authentic Korean style fried chicken and Asian cuisine with a touch of global influence in a warm and cozy atmosphere. Our restaurant’s passion is to bring the best customer satisfaction through excellent dishes and to maintain the exceptional quality of our service. Ole Chicken is seeking a Full-time Cook who would like to work with complex ingredients to create delicious dishes.
Position: Cook (Full-time)
Wage: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour per hour (Depending on working experience)
Working Hours: 30 hours per week (Available Evenings and Night Times)
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Staring Date: As soon as possible
Working Location: 1256 Robson Street, Vancouver, B.C. Canada, V6E 1C1
Position Available: 1
Benefits: 4% Vacation Fee & Tips
- Prepare and cook a variety of authentic Korean fried chicken, including Salt & Pepper, Garlic Soy, Yang Nyum (Korean Style Sweet Chili), Spicy Soy, Serrano Pepper & Lemon Ginger Soy and Green Onion with Mustard Soy Dressing;
- Assist the main chef to develop menus and to manage inventory of food items;
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances;
- With ensuring a meal quality for customers, the candidate will work under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for customers’ food orders;
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized
- Report any kitchen equipment not in good working order to the main chef to make sure that the kitchen remains safe and hazard free;
- Assist the main chef to train & to supervise kitchen staff members.
- Completion of secondary school is required;
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks OR completion of college or other program in cooking or food safety OR 1+ year of commercial cooking experience is required;
- Able to work under pressure as a team player in a busy kitchen atmosphere;
- Able to communicate in English orally
How to Apply:
Please E-mail us your resume and cover letter to Jun-Young Bok (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line of: Full-time Cook Position at Ole Chicken. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe may be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Inquiries: E-mail only please.
** We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit or Indigenous person. All qualified candidates with legal authorization to work in Canada are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.