Baiyulan Shanghai Cuisine is a well-known Chinese restaurant located in the heart of Richmond, BC, Canada. We serve authentic Shanghai dishes including dimsum, snacks, appetizers, mains, desserts as well as drinks.
Our restaurant is looking for a full time food service manager to join our team. In this position, the applicant is required to complete the following duties
· Maintain professional restaurant image by ensuring cleanliness, enjoyable dining environment, and appearance standards.
· Develop, implement and improve restaurant’s overall operation by ensuring all staff members adhere to restaurant policy and procedures.
· Establish employee work schedule to ensure sufficient staffing are available during rush hours and weekends.
· Oversee food preparation, ensure consistent food proportion and presentation are delivered to customers at all time.
· Manage inventory and order food, beverages, equipment and supplies.
· Analyze revenue from previous years to determine high and low season. Make necessary adjustment to supplies ordered to minimize wastage.
· Ensure accurate amount of cash are in the till before opening and after closing. Check if financial transactions are accurate.
· Conduct research on possible competitor in the Richmond area. Make adjustment to menu and pricing is necessary.
· Handle all customer complaints in a professional manner.
· Ensure the restaurant abide by the health, safety and hygiene standards.
Highlight of Qualification
· Completion of post-secondary education is required
· Minimum one year of experience working in food service sector is required.
· Possession of Food Safe certification is preferred
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Proficient in MS office
· Excellent leadership and motivation skills
· Capacity to work well under pressure
· Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to set priorities for self and others
· Must be able to work night and weekend shifts
Term of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Compensation: $26 per hour, 40 hours per week
Work Location: 940 No. 3 Rd #129, Richmond, BC V6X 3A5