Duties and responsibilities
• Supervise, co-ordinate, monitor and schedule the activities of staff.
• Hire, train and coach new staff and demonstrate patience and positive attitude when providing training and delegating tasks.
• Effectively create shift schedule including work station assignments/rotations, employee vacations, employee breaks and overtime assignment.
• Evaluate performance of employees and provide feedback to store manager.
• Investigate and resolve customer complaints and special requests in a timely, friendly and professional manner.
• Maintain the supplies and inventory by estimating and ordering supplies required for smooth operation.
• Prepare sales reports and complete checklists and procedures for cash reporting and inventory control.
• Ensure compliance with quality, productivity and safety control standards.
• Resolve personality issues between workers if necessary.
• Make sure every guest is greeted with a smile, thanked for their business and invited to come back.
• Set an example for other employees by working hard to meet shift production goals.
• Immediately report violations of safety or security policies to store manager.
• Other duties as assigned by the store manager.
• Must have completed high school.
• Must have at least 2 years of previous work experience in food service.
• Must have some previous supervisory experience, direct experience as a Food Service Supervisor is an asset.
• Must have the ability to supervise 4-8 people, working groups.
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
• Must have organization skills and ability to prioritize.
• Must be able to handle stress and work in a very fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to remain calm and professional in difficult situations.
• Must have excellent communication and organization skills.
• Must be able to work flexible hours weekends.
• Must have time-management and decision-making skills and ability to multitask.
• Overtime is paid at 1.5 rate for hours exceeding 40 hours in any given week; 4 % Vacation pay.
Number of positions: 4
Hourly pay: $14.80 per hour
Work location: 3673 Dewolf Way, Merritt, BC, V1K 1C4
Send resume by email: email@example.com