Genji Japanese Restaurant in North Vancouver, BC is looking for a Kitchen Helper to work with.
Position: F/T Kitchen Helper
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables, fruit and other foodstuffs
- Prepare, heat and finish simple food items such as tempuras (Japanese fries)
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Receive, unpack and store food and supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Sweep, wash and mop floors, and handle and store cleaning products
- Sharpen kitchen knives
- Perform other duties to assist cook and kitchen staff as needed.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Hourly Wage: C$13.00~C$14.40 (depending on experience)
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Vacation: 10 days of paid vacation per year or 4% of gross salary
Job Location: 153-3650 Mt. Seymour Parkway, North Vancouver, BC V7H 2Y5
Experience: No experience is required. On-the-job training is provided.
Education: No degree, certificate or diploma is required, but minimum completion of Grade 10 is needed.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Standing for extended periods
- Physically demanding
We hire on the basis of merit and are strongly committed to equity and diversity. We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups including youth, women, Aboriginal people and newcomers. Please send your resume via email or by mail if you are interested.
How to apply
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail 153-3650 Mt. Seymour Parkway, North Vancouver, British Columbia V7H 2Y5
Genji Japanese Restaurant (Genji Enterprises Ltd.)