This Job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer
Employer Name: Noodlebox
Noodlebox was born out of a small food car in Victoria BC’s Chinatown in 2001. Our unique style of Southeast Asian street food became so popular and in 2003, we opened our first store in downtown Victoria, with many more opening throughout BC and Alberta over the years to keep up with demand for our bold dishes, which start with delicious and nutritious ingredients and are MSG Free.
We are currently hiring a full-time Food Service Supervisor at our Kitsilano location, who can supervise, direct and co-ordinate the activities of Food Service Workers.
Work Location: 1867 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V6J 1M3
Position Title: Food Service Supervisor
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Estimated Starting Date: As soon as possible
Position available: 1
Wage: $14.65 - $15.65 per hour (depending on working experience)
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Benefit: 2 weeks (10 days of business days per year) paid vacation
- Supervise and co-ordinate the workload of the front of house staff, ensuring employees meet Noodlebox customer service standards;
- Train new staff, following up to ensure an understanding of the material covered and assist in hiring process of the front of house staff;
- Assist with and recommend scheduling options to the restaurant manager;
- Estimate and order food supplies required for day to day operation and keep record of repairs for all kitchen equipment and point-of sale systems;
- Monitor, review and keep records of inventory, sales and wastage and report to the restaurant manager;
- Prepare customer order summaries for chef according to customer requests;
- Ensure that the quality of food produced, and services provided are up to restaurant standards, taking action with production and making recommendations as required;
- Recommend daily special and ongoing menu changes.
- Completion of secondary school is required;
- Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline
- Since this is a supervisory position, at least 1+ years of work experience in food preparation or service are required;
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal, customer service, leadership and training skills required;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Please e-mail us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of ‘Noodlebox: Food Service Supervisor Position’. Please note that multiple submissions by one individual for this position will not be considered. Submissions will be reviewed and those who we believe might be a perfect addition to our team will be contacted.
Inquiries: e-mail only please.
** We welcome diversity and encourage applications from visible minorities group members, women, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
All qualified candidates with legal authorization to work in Canada are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.