El Dorado County is one of the most beautiful counties in the state of California. You can avoid the valley commute and fog and take in the natural beauty.
Check out our video to learn more!
ELEVATE TO EL DORADO
The County of El Dorado is conducting this recruitment to establish a list, for up to three (3) months, which may be used to fill future full-time, part-time and extra-help vacancies in the Probation and Sheriff's department in both Placerville and South Lake Tahoe.
We currently have the following vacancies:
- Four (4) extra help positions in the Probation Department, located in South Lake Tahoe, CA.
- Four (4) extra help positions in the Probation Department located in Placerville, CA.
- Two (2) full time positions in the Sheriff's Department in either Placerville or South Lake Tahoe, CA.
Under general supervision, oversees inmates, detainees and inmate workers and personally participates in the preparation, volume cooking and portioning of meals in the County Jail or Juvenile Facility.
This skilled, working level class ensures that nutritional, properly prepared meals are produced in a large volume, institutional setting on an assigned shift. Responsibilities include overseeing inmates, detainees and inmate workers assisting with food preparation. This class is distinguished from Correctional Food Services Supervisor in that the latter is the first full supervisory level. It is further distinguished from Cook by its emphasis on a correctional setting.
Two (2) years of experience in the institutional or commercial food industry.
Possession of a ServSafe Food Handler Certificate within three (3) month of hire.
Must pass a detailed background investigation.
- Principles, methods and equipment used in high volume meal preparation.
- Safe work practices and sanitation related to food preparation and service.
- Basic business arithmetic.
- Basic inventory and record keeping principles.
- Operating and cleaning large food preparation and cooking equipment.
- Plan, oversee and prepare meals in a large scale setting.
- Oversee and prioritize the work of others.
- Maintain accurate records and preparing work related reports. Instructing others in work procedures.
- Make accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Read, understand and follow recipes and oral and written directions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Maintain security of facilities and equipment.
Official County of El Dorado on-line application required
Visit our web site for more detailed information about this and other opportunities and to fill out the required application:
EEO/ADA Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY