HEAD BAKER (NOC: 63202)
Posted on September 06, 2023 by Italian Bakery
Edmonton, AB T5W 1A3
17.00 hourly / 40 hours per Week
Terms of employment
Day, Early Morning, Morning, Overtime, Shift, Weekend
Starts as soon as possible
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Bake mixed dough and batters
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Prepare special orders
- Supervise baking personnel and kitchen staff
- Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods
- Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards
- Operate machinery
- Oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods
1 to 2 people
Experience and specialization
- Food specialties
- Breads and rolls
- Desserts and pastries
- Wedding and specialty cakes
- Donuts and muffins
- Cake decorating
- Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Manual dexterity
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Team player
Health Care Plan
Learning/training paid by employer
WHO CAN APPLY TO THIS JOB?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
By applying directly on Job Bank (Direct Apply)
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
- References attesting experience
- Cover letter
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?