Do you enjoy engaging with shoppers and influencing how they buy and share products? Does creating in-store experiences for shoppers that enhances brand value and drives consumer demand excite you? If so, we hope you will join our team!
CROSSMARK Engagement Specialists are vital to the success of our clients, customers and company! In an increasingly complex retail environment, our Engagement Specialists interact with shoppers to generate brand awareness and enhance the in-store experience. If providing shoppers with the opportunity to see and purchase the newest or improved products excites you, come join the CROSSMARK Team!
Successful team members should be prepared to perform these tasks:
- Proactively intercept, engage, interact and communicate with shoppers to demonstrate products features and benefits in a professional manner.
- Create a positive product impression and generate brand awareness for onsite/in-store food and non-food demonstrations.
- Ability to learn and share knowledge of products demonstrated.
- Properly prepare event table/cart (set up & breakdown) for performing demonstrations.
- Ability to prepare and serve food and beverage samples using required appliances, such as microwave, convection oven, electric fryer, skillet, juicer, coffee maker, cooking utensils, forks/knives and hot oils.
- Maintain a clean, sterile and safe work station using cleaning chemicals.
- Maintain an overall professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the role.
- Provide excellent customer service and develop a professional working relationship with store associates to effectively meet and exceed client expectations.
- Accurately prepare and submit all online requirements on the day of event demonstration.
- Ability to access the internet, navigate through CROSSMARK’s electronic systems, using web- based Microsoft Outlook, and capability to view assigned documents, including Microsoft Word & Adobe PDF forms.
- Successfully complete the requirements for food safety certification and maintain ongoing certification as required.
- Follow company policies, procedures and position responsibilities.
Candidates for this position must successfully pass a background check
Although not required, experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Public speaking or acting roles
- Retail Sales
- Customer Service
- Product Demonstration/Event Specialist
- Brand Ambassador
- Food Service Handling
Hours of Operation and Availability
- This role is not expected to exceed 25 hours a week, although CROSSMARK maintains discretion to change the hours based on the needs of the business
- Required availability: Saturday and Sunday 10 am - 7 pm
- Most shifts are 4 to 6 ½ hours in length, including breaks.
- Events run on a staggered shift schedule primarily between the preferred hours of 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. every day of the week. The number of events vary per week, so your assigned schedule depends on the work load for that week. Periodically, we do have special events that require work hours outside these primary hours.
Computer and Technology Proficiency
This position requires employees to be able to operate a smart phone or tablet with internet connection capability to download and run applications for receiving/reporting work as well as viewing training content and taking/uploading pictures. Engagement Specialists must be able to navigate through CROSSMARK’s web based platform, and ability to view documents in Adobe (PDF) format. All training, project scheduling and time reporting is accessed via a virtual web-based platform.
The employee will be regularly required to: Stand up to 4 hours at a time without a break; Walk; Use hands and fingers to handle or feel; Reach with hands and arms (including reaching overhead); Talk and hear; Visual ability to read instructions and perform events; Stoop; Kneel; Crouch; Climb (including use of a 6’ ladder); Balance; Lift and carry up to 25 pounds (including occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds); push and pull a wheeled demonstration cart weighing up to 300 pounds fully loaded with appliances, supplies and product; Prepare foods and beverages using the required appliances, such as cooking utensils, knives, convection oven, fryer, coffee maker, electric fryer, microwaves and hot oils; and be in contact with cleaning supplies.
Engagement Specialists must present a professional, neat, clean, and appropriately groomed appearance. Specific dress code requirements are: long-sleeve, button-down white collared shirt along with full length black pants, and solid black, low-heel, closed-toe/closed-heel shoes. CROSSMARK will supply a baseball type cap, and an apron. Hair must be tucked into the ball cap or hair net, exposed facial hair may require a beard guard. No facial jewelry, including tongue eyebrow or nose piercings. Tattoos which are not covered by the uniform including face and neck must be covered with a bandage or makeup.
This job advertisement does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Employees will be expected to follow other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Click link to Apply: