Walmart Sales Associate Job Duties
As a Walmart sales associate, you will have a broad range of tasks. The primary job duties associated with the Walmart sales associate job description are the following:
- Greeting customers and making sure they are finding everything they need.
- Ringing up customer purchases throughout the day.
- Operating cash registers while adhering to store policy on returns and coupons.
- Putting away merchandise and rotating stock as needed.
- Assisting customers with locating products.
- Keeping your workstation clean at all times.
- Promoting various products like extended warranties and store credit card offers.
Walmart Sales Associate Working Hours
In most stores, the Walmart sales associate position can be either full-time or part-time. Part-time positions work anywhere from 15 to 30 hours each week and full-time positions work closer to 40 hours.
Since this is a retail position, overtime is expected during peak business periods. You will likely work overtime during the busy periods between Thanksgiving and Christmas. In addition, most stores are open 24 hours so some overnight availability may be required.