A Part-Time Job with Purpose – Hallmark is Hiring!
Hallmark makes the world a more caring place by helping people laugh, love, heal, say thanks, reach out and make meaning connections with others. You can too.
Hallmark is currently hiring for a Part Time Territory Supervisor in Newburgh, NY 12550
The Territory Supervisor (TS) is a part-time position which is responsible for supervising a group of Retail Merchandisers within a specific geography. Retail Merchandisers maintain card departments and outposts for both every day and seasonal products. In addition, they participate in installation activities which include building Hallmark fixtures, moving card departments, installing new stores, store relocations, and card department remodels.
To view the Retail Merchandiser Career Profile video: Click Here
This is your opportunity to represent the world’s best-known greeting card brand and develop retailer relationships in your community. Hallmark provides paid training, paid travel time and mileage reimbursement between stores and access to a variety of corporate discounts.
- Supervise/Manage Service:
- Supervise a team of on average, 5 to 10 Retail Merchandisers, ensuring well maintained card departments and timely execution of everyday and seasonal programs
- Document and manage performance with manager feedback and input
- Handle retailer concerns, retail execution issues and retail merchandiser performance issues by working with store management, retail merchandisers and/or your manager
- Work is typically Monday through Friday during day/early evening hours
- Weekend work may be required during major holiday periods
- Department Remodels and Resets:
- Prepare, direct and follow-up on minor installation which involve resetting product, building fixtures and merchandising product
- Lead or participate in major installations when business exceptions require additional support
- Major installations could involve moving the card department, building fixtures and merchandising product
A TERRITORY SUPERVISOR MUST BE A STRONG:
- Leader who can inspire, empower and inform your team
- People manager who can give constructive feedback, coaching and support
- Decision maker who can work independently and direct your team accordingly with minimal supervision from your manager
- Problem solver who can resolve conflicts at store level and within your team
A TERRITORY SUPERVISOR MUST DEMONSTRATE THE ABILITY TO:
- Motivate a group of individuals in person and from a distance
- Follow through on commitments
- Lead by example in the implementation of company best practices
- Be a change champion who can effectively manage change and lead others through change
- Delegate when necessary
- Identify, analyze and solve problems
- Be organized, manage time well and perform administrative tasks
- Build strong customer relationships
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
This is a physically demanding job that requires a high level of energy and a sense of urgency. You will be working on the selling floor as well as in back stockrooms. You must be able to consistently push, pull, lift, and carry cartons, merchandise and display fixtures up to 30 pounds throughout the work day and up to 50 pounds on occasion. You will also be required to stoop, squat, walk, and stand throughout your work day, and you may be required to climb stairs and step ladders.
REQUIREMENTS - All Positions
- Access to a Wi-Fi network and the internet
- Able to operate hand-held technology provided to open and read documents and interpret information
- Flexibility to work a changing work schedule that may include an occasional evening or weekend
- Reliable transportation to report to assigned locations as scheduled
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to read, understand and communicate in English
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- May be required to work the week before and the week after major holidays
Interested? To apply now, please visit our career site at http://fieldjobs.hallmark.com.
Hallmark EOE Statement
If you are an individual with a disability, a disabled veteran or a wounded warrior and you are unable or limited in your ability to access or use any one of Hallmark's electronic means of applying for jobs as a result of your disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us via e-mail. Please note: Hallmark will respond only to requests for accommodations due to a disability. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program (link below), completing Form I-9 Employment Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks. Hallmark participates in the Electronic Employment Verification program (E-Verify) where required. Hallmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.