JOB DESCRIPTION: Delivery/Customer Service
SALARY RANGE: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour paid bi-weekly
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
2. Receives and signs for accountable mail.
3. Loads mail in vehicle.
4. Delivers mail to customers along a prescribed route and on a regular schedule by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers' roadside boxes.
5. Provides postage, stamped paper and money orders; accepts C.O.D., registered, certified, and insured mail and parcel post to the public.
6. Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to proper departments.
7. Prepares mail for forwarding and maintains records of change of address information.
8. Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route.
9. Provides for mail security at all times.
EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS: This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of this position, which require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
DRIVING MAY BE REQUIRED: Applicants may be required to have a valid state driver's license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger.
Apply directly at http://jobsupportservices.go2cloud.org/SHU