Express News Tabacconist is looking for an experienced Retail Store Supervisor to join our team.
Employer: H and H Smokes Inc. o/a Express News Tabacconist
Working Location: 109 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 1E1
Position: Retail Store Supervisor (Permanent)
Hourly Wage: $22.00 per hour (Overtime pay to paid at 1.5 times the regular wage after 8hrs/day and after 40hrs/week.)
Working Hours: 30 hours per week (Full time)
Benefit: 4% vacation fee or 10 days paid vacation
Number of available positions: 1
Expected Start Date: 2023-03-01
- Supervise and manage staff and prepare work schedules and assign tasks to staff
- Authorize payments and the return of merchandise
- Resolve issues that may arise, including customer requests, complaints and supply shortages
- Maintain inventory, order merchandise, prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel issues
- Train new sales staff and monitor and report on performance
- Ensure the visual standards and image of the business are maintained, including store displays, signage, and cleanliness.
- May perform the same task/duties as workers supervised
- May perform key holding and managerial duties, such as opening and closing the store, managing escalated complaints, developing and implementing marketing strategies, and signing for deliveries, if required.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- 1-2 years of previous retail sales experience as a retail salesperson or salesclerk, cashier, and other related sales experience is required.
- Ability to communicate in English is required.
Please DO NOT CALL regarding the posted position. Please apply in writing with your resume & cover letter by email at email@example.com
We will review all applications; however, we will only contact selected candidates for interviews.