Develops new business with customers, distributors, OEMs, and value-added integrators to inspire market position and achieve financial growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – includes the following, but others may be assigned.
• Identify, contact and inform existing and prospective clients of products available.
• Gain understanding of customer’s business needs, identify success factors and service requirements and incorporate into well-conceived account plans.
• Create and develop internal and external communications related to business development.
• Create strategic business development plan to promote visibility.
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
• Schedule, facilitate and lead presentations to customers.
• Attend industry trade shows and conferences to establish industry contacts, develop expertise and proactively develop leads domestically and internationally.
• Maintain network of contacts in specified industries for the purposes of finding project leads, identifying market trends and having general and detailed knowledge of markets.
• Cold calls, as appropriate, within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
• Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
• Collaborate effectively with various functional teams including Engineering and Operations teams to ensure seamless implementation and effective ongoing account growth.
• Stay current on competitive moves by competitors, products, applications and general market status.
• Manage distribution base to current key initiatives.
• Achieve annual budget plan of sales revenue.
• Provide weekly updates within CRM keeping regular track of opportunities, customer contact information, competitive information, customer visits and interactions.
• Maintain current travel calendar that is scheduled out two weeks.
• Work with Product Manager to schedule and execute on-site Distributor Training Program.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university in business, engineering, marketing or related field and a minimum of five years industrial sales experience with a demonstrated success in growing sales volume.
• Mechanical Engineering or technical experience preferred.
• Experience in selling heavy equipment / machinery; gearbox knowledge a plus.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Confident and engaging presentation skills with the ability to articulate a value proposition to a wide range of organizations and functional levels.
• Demonstrated ability in negotiating and closing complex deals which involve: prospecting, proposal development, relationship development and management and leadership.
• Outstanding time management and organizational skills.
• Positive attitude, self-motivated, confident and tenacious.
• Ability to travel 50% of the time.
• Microsoft products and CRM systems.