Producer of tool steels for plastic molds, die cast and forging dies and other tooling applications.
The Sales Manager will be tasked with managing and supporting the inside sales team, building out and managing network of sales reps, and collaborating closely with the outside sales team and other commercial entities of the group. The Sales Manager will also be responsible for personally managing and growing select, strategic accounts.
* Manage and support all commercial and administrative activities of the Inside Sales Team, including communication, customer service, quoting, and follow-up.
* Differentiate and develop service to position the company as the premier offering in the market.
* Manage, call upon and grow select strategic OEM, Tier 1, molding, forging, and die cast accounts.
* Lead the build-out and management of the sales rep network.
* Create sales forecasts and plans with the Director of Sales & Marketing and manage team activity accordingly to achieve sales goals.
* People management: maintain ongoing dialog with the inside sales team regarding safety, productivity, performance, company goals, events, and policies. Champion the company's mission, values, and policies. Maintain employee engagement. Discipline as necessary.
* Collaborate with operations, sales, executives, and personnel at other companies to solve customer challenges and seize selling opportunities.
* Work with key managers to drive and monitor sales prospecting.
* Support the launches and marketing of new products and technologies.
* Assist with the implementation of Salesforce CRM system and support the rollout of additional technologies and systems.
* Support additional sales and marketing efforts as necessary, including events and advertising.
* Travel up to 15%.
* 4-year bachelor's degree or greater; engineering or business management degree preferred.
* 4+ years of manufacturing experience with at least 5 years managing people.
* Experience managing a sales team and sustainably growing sales.
* Knowledge of and experience with tool steel required.
* Strong communication (verbal and written), math, and problem-solving skills. Must be able to present well.
* Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP systems and reports.